Nater Taters Pics.


So, I told you last week that I would share some more of Nate's pictures with you...
Well, I finally have some of them done.
He chose his clothes.
Cowboy jeans, cowboy boots, button-up shirt left open.

Poor kid has my ears.


 I had this evening that I was going to spend with Nate all planned out.
We were going to go on a nature trail walk.
Just spend time together one-on-one, talk, explore, and take pictures.

Why is it that it never turns out quite like I plan??


We did end up at the nature trail....

But not alone...
not just Nate and I.

Nick was working on the house and it wasn't something
that Landen could play safely around.
So, we brought him along.
Not that I didn't want him there, but this was NOT easy to take pictures
of one and keep the other out of poison ivy.
Landen wanted his picture taken too.
And I am more than happy to capture a moment with the two of them
smiling and being kind to one another.
No hitting, yelling, fighting, tattling... 

Maybe some unintentional choking.

We did find a few things exploring...
or I should say ran into them.

And by looking at this picture one would think what a happy boy.
So cooperative.
NO.
The mosquitoes were swarming us like they hadn't had dinner in months!
Landen kept yelling, "Mito bite, Mito bite!!!!"
Nate sat here for all of 2 seconds before he started waving his arms as if
the mosquitoes might eat might him alive.

So for the rest of the nature trail walk we ran.
We ran while Nate hollered, "I am SO DONE with pictures!"
We ran while Landen yelled, "Mito bite, Mito bite!!!"
We ran while I carried everything and Landen.

Then, we got out of the wooded area and it was suddenly better.
Not great, but better.

And I captured some of my favorite pictures of the boys.

And I know this one doesn't show Nate's face,
but I really love how it turned out.

The silhouette will forever remind me of a 7 year year old boy
that was standing next to the water
watching the birds, the sunset, skipping rocks, and kicking around a dead turtle.

Oh how he loved that dead turtle...it fascinated him.

5 comments:

  1. Tracy H6.10.10

    Wonderful pictures as usual. Love the ones of the boys together sitting on the road together...so cute! Nate looks so grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The silhouette is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! I especially love the choking one and Nate sitting in the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these. I can't believe Nate doesn't want his picture taken. I just thought it was my oldest who didn't want her picture taken. Glad to hear that it's a universal thing.

    I love the silhouette, too! I hope you have a good frame for that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the one of Nate and the yellow football - captures him perfectly. And the one of Landen looking out of the side of his eyes is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin